Unfortunately, we are out of stock for this item until May 1st. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Black Spoon requires a little explanation. If you hear your partner call for his Black Spoon you may take it as a signal not merely of danger, but of despair. We venture to explain this doom by quoting a description which Lord Wellwood gave elsewhere of this ill-omened club:
“It may be explained parenthetically that this Black Spoon was a name of terror, especially to opponents, as it was only invoked when the cause was in extremis; and then not so much as a helpful deus ex machina as a solemn protest and last dying testimony that everything that man might do had been done to retrieve his partner’s mistakes.
It had a head like a canoe, bottomed with brass, and a shaft like a piston of an engine, and when in full swing boomed through the air like a cannon ball. It was created by a well-known maker towards the beginning of the 20th century, and was a force majeure which no mortal spoon could compete.”
- Head Material: Solid Persimmon
- Head Shape: Classic Canoe
- Backing: White Cycolac
- Finish: Ill-Omened Midnight Black
- Insert: Fancy Face White with Black Dowels
- Loft: 16 Degrees; to boom through the air
- Force: Majeure; no mortal spoon can compete
- Shaft: Solid Hickory Shaft; like the piston of an engine
- Grip: Handwrapped Black Leather